I recently bought a couple of new domain names – they were cheap, but I’ve got big plans for them says Peter Decaprio. One is already up and running, so I thought it might be fun/interesting to share something about the whys and hows of monetizing a site. Why do I need more than one blog? Well, firstly because I love writing about copywriting. More importantly, though, because some topics are easier to write about convincingly than others. For example…
How to Make A Million with a Small Blog
- How to Make A Million with Your Own Copywriting Agency
- To Be Successful On the Internet without Really Trying
- It was early 2014 when I decided to start blogging. At that time, I was in dire need of earning something on the side. My wife and I had just welcomed our first child into the world but things weren’t looking up at all. We were struggling financially because my day job didn’t pay much.
- Couple that with costs for all sorts of things you need for a new born baby and well…you gets the picture! So I started Googling around the web about making money online because it seemed like everyone starting a blog nowadays is able to turn it into some sort of business which can provide an income stream for them. And believe me when I say this; Money IS the primary motivator for anyone who starts their own online business says Peter Decaprio.
- After reading various posts and articles about making money blogging, I quickly became very disillusioned because, well…most of them made it all sound so dang easy! “Blogging is the easiest thing in the world man” one blogger said to me. He then went on to explain that I just needed to write about what I love and money will come rolling in! Totally BS if you ask me! But there was another piece of advice which really struck a chord with me. It was exactly what I needed to hear because it wasn’t some pie-in-the sky mouth watering promise of overnight riches but rather several realistic strategies for growing an audience slowly but surely through search engine optimization (SEO) and content marketing. Bingo!
- After a few months of blogging, I felt that my blog was growing into something pretty solid. In hindsight, it wasn’t much to look at but hey…it helped me learn the ropes and also allowed me to practically test out different strategies for ranking highly in search. So what happened next? Well, one day while doing some work on a client’s site I came across a Google Adsense ad for a niche related website which was obviously making money. There were other ads there too from products such as Click bank and Amazon which made me think; “Hey this guy is definitely earning commission from all these links!”
- Well…I didn’t want to go through the painstaking process of creating affiliate links myself (there are literally thousands of products on Click bank alone). So I decided to try out Google Adsense as an alternative. It’s free after all and you only need a blog to get started. So I quickly registered my account and the rest as they say is history!
- A few months later, my first paycheck arrived in the mail and although it wasn’t much…it was more than enough to motivate me into continuing my blogging journey. Since then, I’ve been able to fine tune and tweak my revenue streams for both Google Adsense and Click bank with great results explains Peter Decaprio. The best part is that it doesn’t take too much time or effort either! At present though, I make most of my money from Click bank commissions which sell products from all sorts of niches!
- I’ve even launched my own niche site which I monetize by display advertising on it. It was a lot of work setting it up but worth it in the end due to the lucrative revenue stream that’s associated with it. So there you have it, that’s how I made my first million simply by writing about what I love and sharing my passion online with others! If this sounds like something you’d be interested in trying out yourself, and then go for it! Just don’t get sucked into believing some of the misleading articles you read on other blogs because if they were true…blogging would be easy money for everyone involved instead of just a select few!
Up until now, I’ve been pretty vague about what niche I actually blog about and the reason is that it’s really none of your business says Peter Decaprio. What you DO need to know is that blogging can be extremely lucrative if done correctly! It just takes a bit of time and effort on your part to get things started and then sitting back and letting the revenue stream build up slowly but surely.