If you are the owner of a small business or even an individual blogger who has built up a popular brand, it can be very tempting to think that you no longer need to monitor what is being said about you says Peter Decaprio. However, this couldn’t be further from the truth.
Here is The Importance of Brand Monitoring:
- Prevention is always better than cure when it comes to dealing with negative opinions about your brand. With the rapid rise in popularity of social media sites, this form of PR is becoming more and more prevalent.
- Whether you are a small or large business, using social media can be very rewarding, but you need to ensure that you protect yourself against the potentially damaging effect that these comments could have on not just your image within the online world, but also your reputation amongst customers who may not even use social media.
- However, it is important to remember that while monitoring what is being about you can be extremely useful in preventing problems before they arise, simply having software install for this purpose does not guarantee success. You need to take an active interest in what people are saying about you so that when somebody posts a negative comment, you can deal with it quickly and efficiently so as to have a positive effect on your brand explains Peter Decaprio.
- The first step is to ensure that each social media site has a monitoring tool set up so that any negative comments can be flag for your attention in one way or another. Many of the leading tools allow this to be in real time, meaning that they will send you an alert when something has been say about you online. It’s also important to choose software which allows you to assign keywords so that whenever somebody tweets about “Chicago SEO services” for example, their tweet will come up regardless of what else they are saying in the same tweet.
- This alerts will appear in numerous ways depending on which software you use; if it is a Twitter alert then you will receive an email, if it is Facebook then you will see a notification on your profile and if it is Google+ then you will get a message in your inbox.
- It isn’t just about monitoring what people are saying; there is also the opportunity to monitor what people are doing as well. These tools often allow you to track how many mentions of your brand or name have been shared online through social media and sent via email – all valuable information which can help with branding decisions and customer research says Peter Decaprio.
- What’s more, some of them actually allow for real time conversation so that whenever somebody tweets about you, they appear on your profile as a new follower allowing you to respond immediately instead of having to check back at a later date.
- Of course, this type of technology is not only useful for business owners and bloggers. But it has a range of benefits for people working within the social media sector as well.
- By using a monitoring tool you have access to more information by proxy. Allowing you to better advise your clients on their online presence. And even block certain sites from being index on search engines. Such as Google so that they do not show up when somebody searches on certain keywords. Associated with their brand name or product says Peter Decaprio. It also means that if anybody leaves an abusive comment about your client. You can immediately take steps to get rid of it before it has any negative effects.
- And while some people may object to this sort of thing. Because they believe that freedom of speech should allow people to say what they want. It’s important to remember that this isn’t an issue about. Whether or not somebody has the right to voice their opinions online. It is more about ensuring that businesses are protect from threats. Which could have a negative effect on their customers’ perception of them. And how likely they are to do business with them in future.
- Many companies have invested large amounts of money. Into building up both their brand name and customer base only for it all to be lost. Because somebody left a negative comment online which couldn’t be dealt with quickly enough. Not only does this happen, but it happens often. So don’t let your business fall victim because you failed to prepare!
Monitoring your brand to find out what people are saying about you is an important thing to do.